BERSIH 3.0 Duduk Bantah (2)

>> Friday, May 04, 2012

From 12.30 till 2.00 my wife and I sat with folded legs amongst our "friends" right behind the old Court house along Jalan Tun Perak. We just "duduk and bantah" there.


The heat was unbearable and I could feel sweat running down my cheeks. To overcome this, I tied a BERSIH 3.0 headband over my forehead and felt much more comfortable. The tarred road was of no help - my arse stunk like nobody's business. I felt that for the next few days, I sure will constipate ... my skin was like on fire ... but to tell you the truth, I enjoyed every second of the "duduk bantah".

At about 1.30 I walked about 100 meters to the back where 2 hawkers were selling keropok lekor, nugget and all kinds of balls - fish, sotong, you name it ... I could see their business roaring ... I bought some balls and my wife and I ate some to comfort our hungry stomachs ...

At about 2.00, hunger got the better of us and we walked towards Jalan Masjid India. All restaurants were packed ... I could see some youngsters eating while standing ... no empty seats in the restaurants and we have idiots appearing on TV complaining that their business took a hit ... RM40,000 loss in a day ... our petty hawkers must be bloody damned rich .... LHDN should check on them ...

I bumped into YB Syed Hamid (ADUN Semantan) at the restaurant as I was paying for my food ... pleasant surprise ...

After paying, we decided to go home ... walked to Jamek LRT only to see the same closed for the day. As my wife and I were slowing walking and deciding on what to do next, we bumped into one of my FB friend and also Suresh (PSM Cameron Highlands) ...

While we were catching up on latest issues, I heard the first tear gas fired towards Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman ... I could see protesters running for cover ... suddenly the whole Jalan Tun Perak was full ... people running like the world had come to an end ... people being pushed, people taking falls and people screaming ... it was like a stampede ...

Although the first tear gas was fired towards Jalan Tuanku Abdul, we could smell the stench of gas at the foot of the Court Hill ... tears started to roll out of our eyes and nose started to run ... My wife and I carried on walking and the crowd kept pushing us forward ... behind us, we could hear more and more tear gas being fired ... it was like hell had broken loose ...

We could not turn back as the panicky crowd was enormous ... we walked until we reached the Telekoms Museum ... From there we tried to catch a taxi to Bukit Bintang but, my oh my, the taxi drivers were asking for nothing less than RM15 for that distance ... and we have taxi drivers who complain that they suffered a loss ... about 15 minutes latter, we boarded a bus till Taman Dagang Ampang and from there a taxi to my sister's home in Taman Putra ...

BERSIH 3.0 thought me to board a bus after almost 20 years ..... hahahah

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP