BERSIH 3.0 Duduk Bantah (1)

>> Monday, April 30, 2012

I was forced into going to Kuala Lumpur on 28/4/2012. On 26/4/2012, I received a call saying that I have a meeting to attend at 10 a.m. in the heart of Kuala Lumpur city centre. The first question I asked was "boleh masuk kah?" and the reply "insyaAllah boleh".


To be on the safe side, I left Raub on 27/4/2012 immediately after my Friday prayers. I reached Ampang at about 5 p.m. I had no problems with my journey - smooth with no road blocks or police checks.

On 28/4/2012, I took a train from Chempaka Station to Jalan Sultan Ismail. My meeting was at the PAS Head Quarters Jalan Raja Laut. I reached the meeting point at bout 10 a.m. and gosh, the whole building was as if painted yellow. While in the train, I took a peep to see the situation along Masjid Jamek - God forbid - beautiful yellow all over ...

I immediately told myself - I must be part of this - as for costume - I was already wearing green (as in Lynas) - I had on my feet a pair of Reebok and for pants, I had a chinos - appropriately dressed for a demonstration? Yes ...

Oh yes, before I forget - my wife was with me ...

My meeting finished at 12 noon. As I came down the main entrance of the PAS Building, my wife told me that all those who had earlier gathered in the vicinity left with YB Mahfoz ...

My wife and I started walking down Jalan Raja Laut. People in yellow could be seen in small clusters here and there. Nothing to shout about ... as we approached Pertama Complex, we saw a barricade and some police officers just behind Pertama Complex. The road was closed. Hence, we took a left onto the road between Pertama Complex and Medan Mara. The road was clear ...

The situation was completely different as we reached Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman. Ya Allah, I could not believe my eyes - sea of yellow all over the place and the chants sounded like music to my ears. Tens of thousand Malaysians marching the streets of Kuala Lumpur.

I missed BERSIH 2.0 and this was my chance to be a part of BERSIH 3.0. We joined the group and started walking down Jalan Tuan Abdul Rahman. Chanting and singing to glory.

As we walked we saw photographers snapping away, videographers catching us on video. We saw yellow Teed guys and girls on top of building and roofs. The feeling was great, just great ... the atmosphere was wonderful ...

Our group reached the Jalan Tun Perak/Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman junction and stopped. My wife and I walked to the front and realized, that that was the furthest we could go ... before us was a barricade with barbed wire ... and yes, the number of police who stood there gave the impression that Malaysia was at war ... war with her own subjects ...

We took a left towards Jalan Tun Perak and just "duduk bantah" there like all other "friends" were already doing. The time on my wrist watch read 12.30 ...

Situation ... very, very peaceful ...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP