BERSIH 3.0 Duduk Bantah (3)

>> Saturday, May 05, 2012

I had not seen anything in the 54 years of my life like what I saw in the 2 hours of duduk bantah. The mixed crowd shamed the so called 1Malaysia ... we were more than IMalaysia ... we were like one big family with one goal - clean and free elections ... shame on you Najib.


We sat together, ate together, laughed together, cried together, sang together, shouted slogans together and of course, we helped each other. We did not see colours ... no whites, no blacks nor browns ... there were no Chinese, no Indians, no Malays, no Eurasians ... we only saw Malaysians ... Yes, Malaysians ... peace loving Malaysians ... we did something that UMNO failed to do in 54 years of rule ... we brought Malaysians from all walks of life together ...

Between 12 till 12.30, my wife and I marched from Pertama Complex till the barricade nearby Dataran and the crowd was peaceful.

Between 12.30 till about 2, my wife and I sat on the tarred road and the crowd was peaceful. My wife and I went for lunch at about 2 and the crowd was still peaceful. As my wife and I walked towards LRT Station at about 2.30 tear gas was fired and everything went berserk ... what went wrong?

Agent provocateurs? Let me tell you this ... there were about 5 gentlemen sitting right behind me instigating us to break the barricade ... "apa lagi tunggu ... hari semakin panas ... kasi pecah la tu halangan. Dataran hak kita". Who were these guys? Protesters or agent provocateurs? I really don't know ... you tell me ...

Police trucks passed through the crowd behind the old Court house ... at least 3 trucks passed within 15 minutes ... why? Was the road not closed to traffic? Could they have not found alternative routes? To me this was clear instigation ... the Police were instigating ... they were trying to frustrate and make the protesters angry? But they failed, failed miserably when the protesters cheered them instead ...

Who threw objects at the trucks ... shoes, stones, bottles and ice ... protesters or agent provocateurs? Did the protesters come equipped with all these objects? I doubt it very much ... at one stage, I could see a police officer at the back of a truck pointing towards someone ... I guess he identified the guy as the person who threw objects ... why was that guy not arrested on the spot ... did the officer in the truck recognize the offender as a police officer as well? Your guess is as good as mine ...

Every trick in the book was employed by the Police and yet nothing worked in their favour. If the protesters were calm and non violent, one question comes to mind ...

Who let the dogs out? ...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP